Did you know your helicopter flying skills can impact Bible translation and spread the Gospel? Would you enjoy working with a team of like-minded aviators, flying in some of the worlds most challenging and demanding flight environments?
JAARS helicopter operations, in various countries around the world, work tirelessly to facilitate Bible translation, provide humanitarian care for local communities, and generate revenue for mission flight subsidies. Would you join our team?
Conduct fight operations and maintenance on helicopters in our overseas flight programs.
- For a non-paid career staff person who raises support
- Participate in an overseas flight program, engaging in various assigned duties that facilitate that program
- Conduct routine helicopter flights
- Operate aircraft in accordance with JAARS standards and policies
- Oversee the construction of and maintenance of landing zones
- Depending on qualifications, conduct aircraft maintenance
- Participate in the field program’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Good airmanship
- Good judgement
- Disciplined, safety conscious, aptitude for learning, and adaptability
Education and Experience
- Commercial Pilot certificate
- Class II Medical certificate or equivalent
- Successful completion of a JAARS technical evaluation and orientation
- 500 hours minimum flight time
- A&P license or equivalent
Position locations: JAARS and Overseas
For full-time career staff, the following information is helpful:
For volunteer staff:I'm Interested