Aviation Operations Manager
Do you have management skills and experience in organizing and coordinating sometimes complex operations? Do you have a logistics background that can put the pieces together to form an efficient and effective aviation flight department? Using these gifts is vital to providing the aviation transportation services that Bible translation so desperately needs around the world.
Responsible for the oversight and coordination of aviation flight operations and all the supporting logistics surrounding that endeavor, including areas such as flight coordination, passenger movement, and aircraft staging.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Provide supervision of flight and ground operations, including flight coordinating, passenger and cargo movement, and staff working in these areas
- Provide oversight of aircraft care and airworthiness, including the planning and coordination of maintenance schedules
- Provide directional input and oversight into the types of flight activities JAARS is involved in
- Along with the business manager, ensure the financial objectives of the aviation department are being met
- Liaise with the local Civil Aviation Authorities when necessary to ensure regulatory compliance
- Participate in the department’s senior management team meetings
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Good at problem solving
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working with computers
- Good communicator
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Some type of Aviation experience
- Background or experience in logistics preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation