Did you know that fixing and maintaining aircraft has a direct impact on spreading the gospel around the world? Did you know that one of our greatest needs in missionary aviation today is aviation mechanics?
You can be part of the aviation team serving with JAARS, helping to provide safe, reliable, and technically sound aircraft, flying over some of the most inhospitable terrain in the world, delivering God’s Word to people who don’t yet have it.
Ensure aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition and available for dispatch, meeting the demands of busy mission flight schedules.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Twenty to forty hours per week
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance and inspections
- Respond to unscheduled maintenance needs
- Perform aircraft maintenance in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Comply with JAARS Repair Station maintenance practices and procedures
- Participate in the JAARS continuing maintenance training programs
- Maintain a professional knowledge base of acceptable manufacturers’ practices and procedures
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Takes initiative
- Good troubleshooter
- Relates well to people
Education and Experience
- Holds ICAO / FAA qualifying licenses or certificate(s) to maintain airframes and powerplants appropriate to the country in which certified
- Successful completion of JAARS Evaluation and Orientation programs
- May serve in a dual role as an aviation pilot/mechanic
Position locations: JAARS and Overseas
For full-time career staff, the following information is helpful:I'm Interested