Like every ministry, we’re dependent first on God, and then on people who share our prayers for him to be glorified in every language. Will you join us? Sign up for Prayerline, our prayer e-Newsletter. (See current and past issues here.)
Recent Prayer Requests
Jim McCabe and Ken Williams leave June 8 for Central African Republic (CAR) to teach the French version of our motorcycle safety and maintenance course. Their students will be 30 Central Africans who work with ACATBA, our Bible translation partner in CAR. Two week-long sessions are scheduled with 15 students in each one. Our instructors head home June 23. Watch this video to learn how the motorcycles will help ACATBA staff in their language development, translation, and literacy work....
- Pray for safe travel, quick recovery from jet lag, and an effective course.
- Pray for the students traveling from their villages to Bangui, the capital city, for the classes.
- Pray for the logistics of the course and that the motorcycles arrive in good condition and ready for use.
- Pray for the safety of the teachers, administrators and students in the CAR during the scheduled time.
- Ask God to bless the participants and increase their skills and confidence while riding motorcycles in challenging terrain as they accomplish Bible translation activities.
Only three weeks left of pre-field orientation!
Pray for the orientees and their families as they finish up the final weeks of training, and continue to build their partnership teams.
Pray that the newly refurbished Cessna 206 project will be completed in time for the aircraft to be used for Mountain Week.
May 23 is a special day for the Roviana people of the Solomon Islands—they'll be celebrating having the entire Bible in their heart language, a Roviana Bible App for Android, and Megavoice audio Scripture players loaded with the Roviana New Testament. The dedication coincides with the 115th anniversary of "the coming of the Gospel" to the western Solomon Islands.
Delivery of 4,000 copies of the Roviana Bible was delayed but praise God the books have safely arrived in time for the dedication.
Pray for those traveling to the dedication. Many people are coming by boat, small outboard engine canoe, and airplane.
Pray for the Roviana people as they honor the Lord and focus on His faithfulness in providing them one of the few full Bibles in this country.
Pray for good weather for the four-day long dedication and celebration festivities.
Praise God for the gifts to M100 that provided the Megavoice audio Scripture players.
God can make anything possible—and he uses people, even the most unlikely, to do so. We've seen that to be true at JAARS for more than 65 years. And today, as we look at the enormous, seemingly insurmountable obstacles to translating God’s Word into thousands more languages, we choose to believe again that our God is able. So we are launching The Campaign for Possible, a campaign that seeks people, just like you, whom God will raise up to reach more individuals, families, and communities with his Word.
- Pray with us for God to be glorified in every language community. Pray for his Word to reach and transform people, even in the most remote, dangerous places on earth.
- Ask God to “send out workers into his harvest field” (Luke 10:2). Pray he will stir many people to support Bible translation through JAARS as prayer partners, advocates, financial partners, co-laborers, and advisors. (More about each role here.)
- Pray for God to “do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20). Pray for his blessing and provision for the many organizations around the world that are devoted to Bible translation.
Spring pre-field aviation orientation starts Tuesday, March 7.
Orientees are preparing for service in Brazil, Southeast Asia, Papua New Guinea, and Cameroon. Two orientees working with other mission aviation partners will be serving in Kenya and Alaska.
- Pray for staff focus on the core events of pre-field orientation, and for wisdom to how to best fully communicate that with the orientees.
- Pray for the orientees and their families. Days are long, and the work is intense.
- Praise God for the support that is provided by many at the JAARS Center. Housing, ICC, MK Station child care, food services, the JAARS clinic, human resources, facilities management, and many others work together to make the logisitics of pre-field orientation happen.
God has been faithful to send talented, committed people to do his work here at JAARS. But the task is great and we need more.
Will you pray with us?
Set an alarm for 10:02 a.m. or p.m. each day as a reminder to pray Luke 10:2: “[Jesus] told them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’”
It’s back to the classroom for seven pilot/mechanics serving at JAARS, in Africa, the Pacific, Southeast Asia, and South America with SIL and other aviation partners. For the next three weeks, they’re students in the Supervisor Pilot course (SPC) at the JAARS Center. The first two weeks are an in-depth focus on excellence in leadership, resource management, and other attributes essential when supervising fellow pilots or serving as instructor pilots on the field. The third week is flight time with a JAARS flight instructor.
Besides this important training, SPC brings together pilots from different fields of service to gain advice...
- Pray for the people living in communities that are accessible because of aviation. Ask God to reveal his love and transforming power to them.
- Ask God to provide clarity of focus for those presenting at the Supervisor Pilot course.
- Pray for participants to have a clear understanding of the material for when they implement what they learned after returning overseas.
From today's Prayerline: The demands of JAARS Aviation training, which is fully committed to training events throughout 2017, puts a strain on staff and resources. Pray for safety and the ability for staff to prioritize. Subscribe to Prayerline here.
The first Scripture website workshop of 2017 is January 16-27 in Southeast Asia. At its conclusion, websites will be launched making God’s Word available online for minority languages spoken in several countries. Will you pray for all who are involved in this important workshop?
Pray for clear communication and understanding among workshop facilitators, hosts, and participants as they plan and prepare for the event.
Ask God to guide and inspire those working to sort out challenges with non-Roman character fonts so the words display correctly on websites created.
Pray for protection for all as they travel to and from the workshop, especially Jan. 11-15 and Jan. 28-30.
Praise God for the trainers, translators, participants, and technical support and ask for his anointing on them during the workshop, so that websites created and launched may lead many into God's Kingdom.
Pray for Jacques Akplogan (left), who is making IT consultant visits to teams supporting Bible translation projects in Central and West Africa for French-speaking nations this month.
- 1 of 12
- next ›