Do you enjoy writing true stories? Are you able to tell a story in many different ways and formats? Would you like to motivate others to help make Bible translation possible, even in the most remote places on earth?
Our writing team tells the exciting and varied story of JAARS through blog posts, web pages, social media, print publications, letters, brochures, flyers, and more. As part of the team, you’ll get to hear how God is working all over the world—and then get creative about sharing those stories with others.
Your work schedule may be flexible, depending on workflow and turnaround time. Make an impact in people’s lives as you communicate the life-changing work of giving people God’s Word.
Write engaging stories and promotional materials in a variety of formats that share how JAARS works to support Bible translation.
- For a full-time volunteer or a non-paid, staff person who raises support
- Available at least 10 hours a week
- Must have a permit to work in the US
Receive specific assignments from editor and/or find stories about the impact of JAARS
- Prepare copy using many styles of writing
- Conduct research and make notes to retain ideas, develop accurate content, and obtain authentic detail
- Organize material and plan arrangement or outline
- Develop factors such as theme, plot, order, characterization, and storyline
- Write drafts, review, revise, and correct before submitting to Senior Editor for publication
- Assist other writers by editing and sharing ideas on drafts and projects
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
- Excellent creative writing talent and editing skills
- College degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Writer with at least one year of work experience
- Must provide three writing samples that match the type of writing we need, as outlined above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (including Review features) and G Suite (including Google Docs)
- Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style