Create and modify character designs for Roman and non-Roman fonts using computer font-design programs.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Create and modify character designs for Roman and non-Roman fonts using computer font-design programs
- Design typefaces using original artwork (examples of writing) as a basis for Roman or non-Roman fonts
- Create sets of all the required glyphs for a Script. Works with the Script Engineer in font encoding issues
- Consult with the Script Expert (usually from the field) to ensure proper font appearance, appropriate letter spacing and diacritic placement in non-Roman fonts
- Test fonts as a member of a group of testers
- Report to font services manager
- May work in a team for a non-Roman project, or work alone in creating a Roman font
Education and Experience
- Skill in type design tools (such as Fontographer)
- Competencies in MS Office applications and/or Open Office
Explore the vast amount of work being done in software and technology. Consider joining us for a conference.
If you are interested in working as volunteer or supported staff for a significant amount of time in IT and software, and you meet the requirements noted, please fill out a questionnaire.I'm Interested