Do you live and breathe 4WD vehicles and motorcycles? Do you have the skills to effectively develop training modules that will teach students how to safely operate them in the classroom and in hands-on experiences?
JAARS operates a maintenance, operations, and safety course for those preparing to go overseas and for nationals in overseas locations. We also maintain our own off road training course on campus that offers students practical application.
Share your knowledge and expertise so that staff on the field can safely reach their destinations and help make Bible translation and language development possible!
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
Coordinate all Land Transportation training including, but not limited to, curriculum development, instructor training, certification, record keeping, and training exercises.
- Oversee and coach training instructors
- Standardize the training curriculum and train staff to instruct the modules developed
- Maintain training records of all department staff and entities where training was delivered
- Assist the Office Manager in creating a schedule of required training and maintenance tasks
- Interface with the Aviation and Maritime Training Departments
- Instruct students in maintenance, safety, and operation of vehicles and motorcycles
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Knowledge and solid experience in the safe operation of 4WD vehicles and motorcycles
- Ability to communicate well (written and oral), effectively, and engage students while teaching
- Good computer skills and ability to learn Access and Excel software
- Willingness to gain further training and development
- Prior training experience is highly valued but not required
- Capable of sharing and clearly explaining technical matters