Are you a good communicator? Are you an articulate tour guide? Do you have a passion for God’s Word and would love for every language to have the Bible translated into their heart language?
Become an ambassador for JAARS by highlighting the various ways JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth to the visiting public.
Share stories, and guide guests around portions of the center so that they hear and see the amazing services that are provided and how they might become involved.
Serve as an ambassador as you share with guests how JAARS impacts Bible translation.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Learn and know the background needed to represent JAARS (not partner organizations)
- Gather and be able to share stories related to Transportation, Technology, Training, and Media
- Be able to explain the relationship between JAARS, Wycliffe, and SIL
- Provide a two hour intro and walking tour that touches on JAARS history and highlights current services, that is informative and challenges guests to become involved.
- Distribute materials, gather completed response cards, and report numbers to Tours
- Stay up to date on current services through reading JAARS publications and attending Center Meetings and/or Vespers
- Assist with the movement and supervision of large groups between designated areas at special events
- Assist at JAARS Days as much as possible.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy meeting and greeting people
- Neat and well groomed
- Understands the importance of public relations
- Ability to operate the tour electronics (primarily DVD player and projector)
- Completes the Tour Departments training period