Do you enjoy welcoming others and connecting people with staff? Do you have a personable and kind phone manner? Could you represent JAARS with professionalism, patience, and respect?
We are looking for someone to occasionally cover the main switchboard for regular staff on an as needed basis.
Perform switchboard duties at the JAARS central communications desk on an as needed basis to cover for regular staff.
- For volunteer or a staff person familiar with JAARS
- Hours are flexible and varied
- Able to work in the US
- Give excellent customer service in person or over the phone
- Cover for regular switchboard staff during scheduled time off, sickness, or emergency
- Receive information and follow through appropriately by phone, email, or other
- Respond to inquiries in an efficient yet friendly manner
- Give appropriate, adequate, and correct information
- Perform various office and computer duties and be willing to learn
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Knowledgeable about JAARS, buildings, departments, and staff
- Knowledgeable about telephone courtesy and customer service
- Ability to answer and transfer calls, take detailed messages, and follow through to the appropriate person for the purpose of good communication
- Computer skills, experience, and willingness to learn: Insite, database phone directories, email correspondence, files, folders, calendars, and Google and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher