Summer Safari Teacher Assistant
Do you have a love for children and a desire to impact their lives for eternity? Enjoy variety in your day? Do you have skills to lead a group of children through fun activities?
JAARS needs an assistant teacher to help lead elementary missionary children through the morning’s program activities and be an influence in their lives. Is that you?
Assist lead teacher, coordinate the game time, and perform lifeguard duties during swim time.
- Paid position, 20 hrs. per week, for approximately two months
- At least 18 years old
- Must be able to work in the US
- Lifeguarding training will be provided, if needed
- Assist lead teacher in program activities
- Prepare, plan, and lead games and sports for 45 minutes daily
- Teach skills and rules and sportsmanship values
- Organize and care for game equipment
- Serve as lifeguard during daily swim
- Ensure children are showing respect and modeling good behavior
- Act as a positive role model to the children
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Have a high school degree or equivalent education
- Lifeguard and CPR certification
- Ability to lead, engage, and provide age-appropriate instruction in sports and games
- Lifeguard experience with children
- Work experience in church-related schools, day camps, private schools, day care centers, or other work with children preferred
- Criminal background check, child safety interview, child safeguard review, and professional references required
Please submit application and resume to HR_Director@jaars.org or call (704) 843-6150 with questions.