JAARS is experiencing and responding to tremendous growth opportunities locally and globally in support of Bible translation. We are blessed with a strong balance sheet and no debt, along with significant operational and strategic financial reserves.
As a result, we are committed to developing a financial architecture that will be implemented in a new enterprise resource planning system. You will provide critical support in handling funds and accounts with accuracy and integrity.
Could you be part of this dynamic team of finance professionals reporting to the Director of Accounting?
Perform the procedures and processes necessary for the preparation of financial statements conforming to generally accepted accounting principles.
- For a 0.5 FTE (20 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Verify the checking account statement with check activity; research and resolve any gaps, ensuring that activity reconciles with spreadsheet
- Calculate, pay, record, and file JAARS total NC sales and use tax payments and refund claims, as authorized by Director of Accounting or CFO, resulting in timely payments and recordings
- Track, analyze, resolve discrepancies, reconcile, and record travel expenses between traveler and cashier, resulting in timely payments and accurately recorded transactions
- Assist department heads in preparation of budget analysis and necessary entries in a collaborative, effective manner
- Cross-train and be able to share in the work of various finance department positions
- Assist data entry personnel with proof reading
- Maintain and keep up-to-date tasks, responsibilities, and processes of the Staff Accountant function
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Three to five years of experience as an accountant
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace and demonstrate the Vision, Mission, and JAARS Core Values
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with a keen focus on timely fulfillment of job accountabilities
- Highly organized and timely with excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with a financial accounting system and creating financial reports
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization or willingness to learn the nonprofit sector is preferred