Do you enjoy the satisfaction of constructing or repairing systems? Are you skilled with power and hand tools? Are you good at planning and organizing a project, determining which tools and equipment you will need?
Would you like to be a part of helping to achieve safe and reliable water travel, so that Bible translation worldwide goes forward?
Maritime Services is implementing and expanding comprehensive, on-field water safety and operations programs, including the use of small boats. Would you like to join our team?
Professionally evaluate, build, renovate, and maintain boats, trailers, and related equipment to be used in training and overseas.
- This is a full time (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Construct, fit out, and repair metal, wood, or fiberglass boats less than 25’, as well as trailers, launch ramps, and docks
- Perform hull, structure, and engine powertrain installations, maintenance, repair, and finishing
- Install or repair electrical, fuel, water, and onboard waste systems
- Maintain and test navigation electronics, lights, and safety equipment
- Mount and maintain communication radios and related equipment
- Identify project needs, assist in prioritizing, obtain approval, create materials list, schedule, and perform project work
- Plan and organize daily tasks, including necessary equipment and supplies
- Identify tasks needing additional assistance
- Complete written records and reports
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Ability to research information to complete tasks related to maintenance and renovation of boats 25’ or less and related equipment
- Experience with materials, power, and hand tools in the construction, repair, and care of boats and related equipment
- Perform appropriate safety practices in use of materials such as paint, solvents, and fuel
- Organize and/or participate on a project work team