We are looking for a Senior Editor who can effectively lead our team of writers in creating compelling content to share the story of JAARS—and motivate others to join in this important ministry.
Do you have a strong background in nonprofit communications or storytelling? Do you like to strategize, plan, and organize? Are you an effective editor and coach? If so, consider this role, where you could make an eternal difference!
Lead the editorial team in creating compelling content for a variety of print and digital channels.
- For a full-time volunteer or a non-paid, staff person who raises support
- Must have a permit to work in the US
- Lead a team of writers and editors in creating compelling content for a variety of applications, including our website, social media, email newsletters, and print publications
- Refine and manage an editorial style guide, ensuring consistency in JAARS communications
- Manage the editorial calendar and content planning in cooperation with the Director of Communications
- Write and edit as needed
- Manage multiple projects, channels, and publications simultaneously
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in planning, writing, and editing a wide variety of content
- Experience in leading a creative team, preferably in nonprofit communications
- Strategic, holistic approach to content and storytelling, as demonstrated by past work
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (including Review features) and G Suite (including Google Docs)
- Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style