As Senior Editor you will support Bible translation efforts around the world and use your skills to make an eternal impact. Communicating our message and leading a team of writers well is crucial to engage individual partners and churches.
Lead the editorial team in creating compelling copy for a variety of print and digital applications and publications.
- For a FT (40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Lead a team of writers and editors in creating compelling content for a variety of applications including web/social media, project profiles, newsletters, annual report and Rev7 magazine.
- Refine and manage an editorial style guide, ensuring consistency in JAARS communications.
- Manage the annual editorial calendar and planning in cooperation with the Director of Communications
- Write and edit as needed.
- Manage multiple projects, channels, and publications simultaneously
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in planning, writing, and editing a wide variety of content.
- Experience in leading a creative team preferably in nonprofit communications
- Strategic, holistic approach to content and storytelling, as demonstrated by past work
- Excellent writing and editing skills