Do you like to receive packages every day, even if they are not your own? Are you an organized person who can track things? Would you like to be part of a ministry that impacts for eternity?
JAARS Shipping helps make Bible translation and language development possible—especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Vital goods are purchased and sent to support those serving overseas and you can help.
Receive and direct deliveries to the appropriate department or location for overseas shipments.
- For a half-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Receive and inspect delivered packages for accuracy and package condition
- Determine if each package is for center or overseas distribution
- Ascertain where on the center packages are to be delivered
- Scan packages, record delivery in the receiving log, and label packages for distribution
- Create delivery form for center delivery driver
- Load packages into van and deliver to departments if driver is unavailable
- Route the package to air, sea, or hand-carry staff for forwarding overseas and place in designated area
- Enter overseas packing slip information for invoicing into accounting system
- Work with buyer and shipping coordinator on damaged goods received for replacement and reimbursement
- Maintain relationships with buyers, bookkeepers, and department staff to achieve successful delivery or resolution of package problems
- Operate forklift (if trained) for placement of packages in designated holding areas
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Willingness to learn the receiving process and operate a forklift if needed
- Self-motivated, well organized, and detail oriented
- Able to lift and move objects weighing 50 pounds or more
- Functional computer user
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively