Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language? Are you tired of the pressures of a busy practice or want to devote some of your time to support Bible translation?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a physician assistant licensed in North Carolina who can provide health care services to patients under the oversight of our physician.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Perform patient medical exams
- Gather the patient’s health history and report on results of physical exam
- Order or perform various tests, analyses, and X-rays
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and manage infections
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- This is a 0.5 to 1.0 FTE position
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Must have current PA medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Two or more years of experience
- Diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required