Partner Relations Representatives
Just as the apostle Paul communicated with early Christian supporters, JAARS needs people to help communicate with our financial partners. Are you a great communicator? On the phone, in writing, and in person?
Do you view raising funds as an opportunity for others to participate in God’s work? And are you able to communicate your passion for the foundational mission of Bible translation? If you answered YES, let’s explore the position of Partner Relations Representative.
The people in this role build relationships with partners who invest in the mission of JAARS and—through JAARS—in Bible translation work around the world. You will communicate our appreciation to JAARS donors, help them understand the impact of their commitment, and offer them new opportunities to financially support JAARS and our global partners in mission.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Full-time and half-time positions open
- Focus on a particular region; current openings include for Waxhaw, and for the West Coast
- Able to work in US
- Build relationships with JAARS financial partners over the phone, in writing or through email, and through personal visits with donors in your assigned territory
- Understand and be able to communicate with ease JAARS’ history and mission, our current mission support strategies and initiatives, stories and statistics that demonstrate the impact of Bible translation and the work of JAARS to support it, and current funding needs across the breadth of JAARS solution platforms.
- Maintain individual biographical and other financial partner information in JAARS’ systems for recordkeeping and relationship building.
- Be comfortable, through preparation and training, to discuss and present funding needs with current, lapsed and prospective financial partners.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience
- Demonstrable Christian faith and lifestyle
- Experience with and understanding of core mission-driven audiences – Christian individuals and organizations seeking to live out obedience to Christ’s work and calling on earth
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience that is applicable to the areas of fundraising, development, or direct sales
- Strong communications skills: speaking, writing and presentation
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills … enjoy serving and working with people.
- Goal/outcome-orientation … a bias for action and a drive for closure
- Should be self-motivated, able to work independently and/or remotely, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and/or Open Office.
- Willingness to travel 15–25% of the time
- Experience working in or for faith-based or nonprofit organizations
- Previous multicultural experience.