Office Manager – Land Transportation
Do you have good communication, management, and office skills? Do you have some knowledge of boats, vehicles, and related terminology? Land and Maritime operations needs you!
Be part of the team that maintains and track records, as well as communication duties that will support our partners overseas to help make Bible translation and language development possible.
Provide administrative support for Land and Maritime shop activities.
- For a full-time (40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Research and purchase parts and materials and maintain inventory
- Manage the maintenance calendar in order to insure proper flow of parts, materials, and man power to accomplish the required work
- Develop and maintain an organized system for tool and equipment calibration that tracks when reoccurring maintenance and calibrations are due
- Handle communications (phone, email, and letters) and relay critical information to staff
- Maintain digital and/or hard copy files of completed work orders
- Maintain library of technical information
- Delegate shop work space cleaning duties
- Schedule required OSHA training
- Monitor and maintain records for industrial standards compliance
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Good computer skills including Excel and Access
- Willingness to learn new software
- Organizational and office management skills
- Strong communication skills to represent the department in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous office management experience is highly valued but not required