Mission Teams Manager
Do you enjoy meeting, engaging, and inspiring people? Are you an organized person who has good relational and networking skills? Do you have a servant’s heart?
You may be the perfect fit for the Mission Teams Manager position that coordinates church mission teams and groups that come to serve at JAARS.
Your influence could help people to gain a vision for missions and become further engaged with JAARS. Be part of a lasting impact for God’s Kingdom.
Promote and administer the Missions Team program.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Prepare yearly goals, budget and promotion planning
- Represent the department at staff meetings
- Meet teams on Sunday night, and then direct, serve, and support team needs
- Respond to inquiries and process team applications
- Coordinate housing arrangements
- Coordinate team work with Facilities Mission Team Manager
- Find work projects and place appropriate mission team members there
- Participate with Facilities on Monday’s opening and Friday’s closing appreciation
- Prepare or order meals on Monday and Thursday nights for the team
- Arrange for presentations from JAARS staff and missionaries
- Photograph teams throughout week and distribute to them before leaving
- Encourage further engagement with JAARS
- Work two evenings and briefly Sundays when teams are present
- Check on housing accommodations after departure on Saturday for cleanliness and items left behind
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Excellent relational skills
- Ability to organize and follow through
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in leading people
- Servant heart
- MS Office applications