Mission Team Assistant Manager
Do you enjoy working with people of various ages and abilities in buildings/grounds maintenance, construction and landscaping? Can you manage a team well? Do you have repair, construction, or maintenance experience?
Work with week long volunteer mission teams to facilitate the projects they choose to do, all the way from start to completion. Help inspire others to see how their service is making Bible translation possible.
Coordinate the preparation and projects for week long visiting volunteer Mission Teams from churches and schools.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Twenty hours per week
- Prepare cost and time estimates for projects for Ministry Teams.
- Plan and coordinate materials and staffing for each project.
- Manage the work performed by Ministry Teams.
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures and maintenance standards are followed.
- Work on day-to-day facilities maintenance tasks and projects when not planning for or working with a team.
- Report to administration.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- General maintenance, construction, and estimation experience.
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years’ experience in basic management skills.