Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language? Are you tired of the pressures of a busy practice or want to devote some of your time to support Bible translation?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a 0.3 to 1.0 FTE (12–40 hrs.) medical doctor at the JAARS Health Clinic near Waxhaw, NC.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Provide medical services for JAARS and furloughing staff
- Perform patient medical exams
- Order or perform various tests, analyses, and X-rays
- Administer or prescribe treatments, drugs, inoculations and vaccinations
- Make recommendations for consultation with medical specialists based on evaluation of medical condition and history
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Must have current MD, or DO medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Must be board certified in area of specialty and maintain active certification
- Experience in primary care medicine or area of specialty as applicable
- Diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required