Maritime Operations and Standards Manager
Are you experienced in multiple aspects of maritime operations and want to make a difference in people’s lives by providing safe, reliable vessel operations, timely maintenance, and capable staff?
Do you have experience in developing standards and operations procedures? Are you able to direct, lead, and supervise teams?
JAARS Maritime Services is implementing and expanding comprehensive, on-field water safety and operations, including the use of 14’ to 40’ sized boats. Be part of providing Bible translation workers with the training, equipment, and potential vessel they need to survive as they travel on various waterways, as well as on larger regional vessels JAARS provides.
Develop and implement JAARS maritime standards and operations to assure work is sustainable, safe, and reliable for Waxhaw and field locations.
- This is a full time (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Analyze, develop, and implement a marine standards and operations program
- Establish worker, vessel, and shop building operations and maintenance procedures
- Implement and direct best practices in effective maintenance, vessel dockside, and material safe handling
- Administer procedures for ocean and personal safety, search and rescue, emergencies and crisis management
- Achieve and ensure conformance of above objectives are carried out expeditiously within the commitment parameters
- Participate with management team to plan and analyze alternative approaches
- Organize, document, manage records, and assist in development of written procedures and manuals
- Coordinate with the department’s Training Coordinator to achieve effective and recurring training of staff
- Supervise and or coordinate staff activities
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Two or more years’ experience with an adequate combination of work in marine functions, including boating safety, marine project development, and both office and boat operations
- Experience in team development and supervision
- Standard computer and business skills