Are you skilled in a variety of maintenance trade areas? Do you have leadership or training skills? Do you have experience with various tools and equipment used to maintain facilities?
Do you desire to impact people’s lives through the work you do? With your help, the JAARS center will be properly maintained so that we all can focus on making Bible translation possible! Contact us today!
Supervise maintenance personnel and their work to ensure proper equipment, safety procedures, and needed resources are available.
- This is a 1.0 FTE (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Supervise or perform maintenance work
- Schedule and assign work orders and job duties and monitor performance to specified standards
- Provide documentation, convey information, and coordinate the work to complete projects
- Collaborate with site personnel, other trades, and subcontractors
- Requisition repairs of building utility systems
- Schedule preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Maintain heating and cooling units and fire protection systems
- Ensure that proper safety protocol is being followed
- Encourage staff development of additional trade skills and abilities
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Well-rounded maintenance background
- Specific skills in a trade preferred
- Some management experience helpful
- Ability to lead and guide other maintenance workers in planning and managing projects