Do you have a heart for missions and want to use your skills to serve missionary families? Do you have good testing and diagnostic skills? Do you have a warm, friendly manner for helping to put patients at ease?
Here at JAARS, we need you to be part of the Health Clinic team that serves furloughing and stateside missionaries. Be part of making Bible translation possible around the globe!
Perform approved laboratory procedures to provide data for use in treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- A 12 hour per week position for a volunteer or career staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Maintain proper precautions, including wearing protective clothing and eyewear
- Follow laboratory quality control policies
- Maintain patient dignity, comfort, and confidentiality
- Collect from patients and process specimens, including skin and bodily fluid samples
- Perform diagnostic testing to provide accurate and reliable results
- Report results to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Provide positive, warm, and friendly customer service
- Maintain documentation of all tests performed
- Order, receive, and distribute laboratory supplies
- Perform administrative duties and supervision of any laboratory staff
Education and Experience
- Needs Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related field OR any Bachelor degree along with experience in lab procedures/techniques
- AMT or ASCP License preferred but not required
- Minimum 1+ year of verifiable phlebotomy experience
- Proficient in basic computer skills