Do you love creating meals for others’ enjoyment? Do you love watching cooking shows on TV and trying new recipes? This could be your position!
JAARS Food Service needs a Kitchen Assistant to help in the preparation of snacks and lunch for guests and staff. Your service will be a part of how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Come join our fun and creative team!
Responsible for assisting Food Service Manager in preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- For a part-time (12 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Prepare food and snacks, serve meals, and maintain cleanliness in kitchen, following strict hygiene, health, and safety rules
- Clean and sanitize tables and equipment
- Ensure that leftovers are properly cooled, labeled, and stored or discarded if necessary
- Be friendly and courteous while serving food to guests
- May be assigned to specific duties, such as preparation of salads
- Take responsibility for delegated activities and bring them to completion
- Provide assistance in kitchen where needed or as designated
- May have more than one area of responsibility
- May assist with preparations for and service during special functions, such as buffet lunches and JAARS Day
- Maintain equipment and facilities in accordance with national health regulations
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education & Experience
- Willingness to serve
- Carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Follow instructions
- Ability to walk, stand, and be on feet for several hours
- Use your initiative and work in a team
- Interest in food service area
- Food preparation experience helpful
- Must be able to work in the US