IT Project Manager
We are looking for a talented Project Manager who can make the most of cherished resources to deliver high-quality products and services that delight our customers. Do you love driving a project to successful completion: on-time, on-scope, and on-budget?
Would you like to use your coordination and facilitation skills to declare God’s glory among the nations? You could be just the one we need.
As JAARS responds to strategic opportunities locally and globally, we are seeking an IT Project Manager who will guide a systems development team to successfully develop the overall technical capability of technology systems and processes. The IT Project Manager is a member of the Technology & Business Solutions department.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week, on the JAARS campus, to the completion of the project, which is anticipated to be approximately 8–10 months.
- Guide a systems development team in the overall design, development, and implementation of technology systems
- Maintain responsibility for project plans, schedules, and task assignment, tracking progress, and communication with user group representatives
- Lead project team meetings and provide regular updates to management
- Manage the data team and the overall data management strategy
- Manage project scope, priorities, risks, and resolve conflicts
- Form user/customer requirements into clear and achievable project objectives
- Adapt plans and approach to the different concerns and expectations of the various stakeholders
- Supervise the writing of procedures and documentation necessary for successful implementation of the system
- Oversee the testing strategies and usability studies to ensure compliance with design objectives
- Work with other project leaders or managers on integration points to other systems
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Aptitudes and Gifting
- Servant heart attitude
- Interact positively and collaborate as a member or leader of a team
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently develop approaches to complex systems, process redesign, and analyze problems
- Strong bias toward completing tasks and achieving goals
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter, able to work independently and capable of managing multiple responsibilities
- Consistently ready to learn and grow
Education & Experience
- Three to five years leading and managing enterprise-wide projects (i.e., size, scope, cost, deadlines, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to assertively interface with multi-lines of businesses and managers
- Willingness to acquire on-the-job training and experience, such as proficiency with tracking tools or unique system life cycle management practices
- A Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMI PMP) accreditation is highly desirable