Human Resources Intern
The mission of JAARS is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance, and with other organizations locally and globally. JAARS has a 70-year history of innovation and excellence in supporting Bible translation around the world.
As a participant in the JAARS six-month Human Resources Internship program, you will gain real world experience and exposure to the Talent Acquisition aspect of a professional Human Resources practice, while making a meaningful contribution to making Bible translation possible.
This paid internship runs from June 3 through December 20, 2019 and will report directly to the HR Director. Holidays, Time Away, Health & Dental Benefits are available. For those who are interested, on-campus housing is available at a below-market rate.
- Work closely with hiring managers in understanding their ministry and business model in order to consult regarding their hiring needs
- Consult with business leaders in the creation of well-documented job descriptions
- Work closely with hiring manager on candidate sourcing strategies
- Maintain detailed knowledge of pay ranges, competitive job pricing and compensation ranges
- Be a very good communicator and networker who casts JAARS vision to attract the right talent
- May present JAARS opportunities at internal and external events, such as Mission at the Airport (MATA), campuses, local events where JAARS is represented
- Responsible for applicant acknowledgment, initial screening, and interview scheduling
- Support the hiring manager through the interviews, decision-making process, final job offer
- Oversee onboarding processes
- Maintain job files in accordance with JAARS and other legal requirements
- A dedicated Christian with a demonstrated, ongoing walk with Jesus
- Commitment to and the ability to role-model JAARS Values and Policies
- Excellent organization and communication skills with all levels of management; a flexible, team-oriented professional with a willingness and readiness to oversee all recruiting and onboarding aspects of JAARS Fellows Initiative, with a long-term interest in JAARS future recruiting strategies
- A proactive, efficient, can-do, goal-oriented work style that can professionally respond to a wide range of needs and requests; ability to quickly adapt to ever-changing staff issues, often unanticipated, periodic interruptions
- Understand JAARS unique Talent Acquisition strategies and goals
- Ability or willingness to learn HR consultation to managers on all aspects of recruitment: position description design, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiation to external hires, and JAARS internal transfer invitation process
- Knowledge of and remain concurrent with employment law to ensure compliance with JAARS commitment to EEO policies
- Proven IT skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work 40 hours per week on the JAARS campus in Waxhaw, NC
- Some degree of travel may be required
- Working experience with Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Willingness to join the local SHRM chapter
- Bachelor’s degree with an HR concentration; 1-2 years experience on a professional HR team
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Please submit application and resume to HR_Director@jaars.org or call (704) 843-6150 with questions.