HVAC/Appliance Technician Copy
Do you have a knack for taking apart things, figuring out how they work, and then repairing what was wrong? Are you handy with tools?
Come join the Physical Facilities team that strives to maintain the offices, and housing on center. You will have a chance to work on a variety of projects, that all help to make Bible translation possible.
Maintain and repair appliance, mechanical, and HVAC equipment.
- For a full time (40) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Conduct planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Inspect and perform routine repairs and adjustments on units such as pumps, generators, compressors, air conditioning units, and major appliances
- Diagnose malfunctions of equipment using gauges, meters or other test equipment, and use experience and technical manuals to plan repairs
- Check electrical wiring, performing basic rewiring where necessary
- Use hand tools, power tools, gas, and electrical welding equipment to perform modifications and repairs
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Two years of experience in general maintenance work
- Handy in figuring out how things work and performing repairs
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience in appliance repair desired