Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom as the Hangar Receptionist!
Do you have practical administrative skills, organizational ability, and the ability to communicate clearly? Be part of the Aviation Hangar team, working in the office and welcoming others.
Welcome and assist visitors and callers. Support the hangar staff with administrative tasks.
- For a 0.5 FTE (20 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Weekday afternoons, 1:00–5:00 p.m.
- Able to work in the US
- Greet and assist visitors
- Answer phones in a kind, professional manner, and transfer to appropriate staff
- Make general Hangar announcements over intercom
- Distribute mail and process packages
- Maintain supplies, copier, coffee, and lights in the office
- Relay prayer requests and relevant JAARS Center Messages
- Update staff vacation and out-of-office calendar
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Enjoy people
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of related experience
- Familiar with JAARS policy manual and Hangar operations
- Works comfortably in cross-cultural situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
- Overseas missions field experience is a plus