Guest Services Director
As JAARS responds to strategic opportunities locally and globally, we are seeking a Guest Services Director (GSD) who will be a highly visible leader at JAARS. The GSD leads a team that is committed to making JAARS a place that is inviting for both guests and staff. The Guest Services team serves as a single point of contact for JAARS guests and interfaces with internal departments to establish consistent processes and expedite internal logistics.
This position is for a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support. The job is located on the JAARS campus in Waxhaw, North Carolina. This person reports to the Vice President of Campus Facilities and Services.
- Commit to making JAARS an inviting place where guests and staff feel valued
- Provide direct management and leadership to the following: Housing, Food Services, Event Coordinator, Library, Boutique, and Administrative Support Team
- Oversee a customer-focused team that serves as a single point of contact for all internal logistics related to training events and individual guest needs and requests
- Streamline processes and procedures creating a seamless, logical, and solution-oriented workflow for all internal teams and guests
- Assess, recommend, and improve the guest retention experience and forge deeper engagement for an overall superior, efficient experience at JAARS through expert leadership and customer service focus
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Three to five years of multi-disciplinary leadership with the ability to forge trust, engage, delegate and empower a broad-based team of leaders
- A leader who cultivates a customer-oriented and prompt problem-solving team and who understands the need to change approach due to unanticipated needs and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, one-on-one and in groups.
- A results-oriented leader able to demonstrate achievement of goals
- Proactive, eager to interact with and provide support to JAARS guests, while engaging and collaborating with other key internal partners