Is electrical work your passion? Do you like to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical elements and equipment? Do you have two or more years of electrical experience?
Use your skills to help make Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth. What you do at JAARS will impact eternity as we work together to accomplish the task.
Come join the facilities maintenance team and help us maintain the housing and office buildings for staff and visitors.
Responsible for repairing, maintaining, and installing electrical systems and equipment, such as motors, transformers, wiring, switches, and alarm systems.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Locate and investigate electrical malfunctions, using test instruments such as ammeter, voltmeter, and test lamp
- Repair malfunctions by methods such as replacing burnt-out elements and fuses, bypassing or replacing defective wiring, and cleaning or rewiring motors, using hand tools
- Install fixtures, motors or other electrical equipment in the process of building alterations or construction, using shielding, grounding and color codes in accordance with building codes and safety regulations
- Inspect existing circuits and wiring for compliance with safety requirements, and repair or rewire system to meet standards and specifications
- Repair electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, or other components on electrical equipment, using standard tools and gauges
- Repair both small and large electrical home appliances
- May work as member of a construction team assigned to a special project on a short-term or long-term basis
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education & Experience:
- Recognized Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
- Experienced worker with two or more years of experience