Director of Human Resources **
**This position is one of our top 10 staffing needs**
Do you have management and people skills? Have you ever designed and measured the effectiveness of a service or program? Are you experienced with HR issues and compliance requirements?
Are you good at evaluating skills and personal traits to help assign staff to appropriate positions? Become part of the People team that works with staff to help JAARS succeed in making Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership for HR Operations on the JAARS Center. This includes HR workforce planning, recruitment, screening and processing, on-boarding and off-boarding, performance management, policy review and compliance, and staff relations.
- A full-time position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Design, implement, and measure the effectiveness of HR staffing services on the center
- Aid in monitoring the effectiveness of current HR processes and propose needed changes and additions
- Oversee the staffing needs and effectively communicate those internally and externally
- Update the screening processes for all staff (paid, seconded, and volunteer)
- Assign new staff or changes of assignment in consultation with appropriate personnel and department heads
- Ensure the accuracy of the HR Information System.
- Approve all employment offer letters and invitation letters.
- Assist managers in successfully supervising their staff.
- Ensure organizational and regulatory HR compliance.
- Manage all HR department budgets.
- Manage the HR department staff.
- Handle staff relations matters in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
- Serve on the Directors Leadership Team
- Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the VP of People
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Have strong organizational, analytical and management capabilities—able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money
- Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
- Be a strategic thinker, able to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking
- Show that you are a person of character and conviction, with the ability to lead and motivate your team and influence others through godly character
Experience and Education
- Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience in human resource management
- Five plus years of HR Management experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to HR Management
- Membership in national and local SHRM preferred
- HR Certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or SPHR, PHR)