Digital & Social Media Manager
Are you inspired by the idea of getting God’s word to the 600 million people who still have little-to-no Scripture in the language they understand best? Does the idea of getting up in the morning and using your creative and technical skills to support such a task put a smile on your face?
If so, we’d like to talk.
You? You’re that rare person with a passion for God’s mission here on earth. You’re well-developed but are always-learning engagement with digital communications (i.e. you get websites, social media, digital publishing, responsive design…). You have excellent writing skills, collaboration instincts, and a self-starter/hands-on mentality.
If that IS you, take a look at the job description … and let us know if you’d like to explore the opportunity to do what you love, and what God has gifted you to do, here with JAARS.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Plan, manage, and/or coordinate the design, functionality, community-building, and interactive elements of digital and social media for JAARS, including JAARS.org, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, text- and app-based tools, e-Newsletters, and more.
- Ensure positive user experience and seamless integration of content and user profiles across digital/social channels.
- Confer with design, editorial, and fundraising staff to specify and implement functional and interactive components necessary for building online and mobile awareness, traffic, and engagement.
- Create and implement collaborative strategies for supporting the community relations, donor development/relations, and other strategic initiatives at JAARS.
- Keep up to date on the latest digital and social media strategies, platforms, and trends.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Excellent skills in using various digital and social media platforms effectively
- Demonstrated professional and/or personal experience of three or more years
- Demonstrable aptitude and engagement with a range of social and digital media platforms
- Creative writing and design experience
- Balanced approach to independent work and a self-starting/self-directed expertise with an easy collaboration across various internal stakeholder groups
- Minimum experience criteria may be waived based on personal experience