Community Events Organizer
Do you have the skills to take requests, gather resources, recruit staff, and then send them out to do a task? Do you have good communication skills via email and phone? Are you a good organizer who is attentive to detail?
If this is you, consider becoming part of the church and community relations team engaging people to learn how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible!
Respond to and coordinate requests for JAARS participation from churches and community groups.
- For a 0.3 FTE (12 hrs.) volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Respond to requests for JAARS presenters and event participation from churches and community groups (such as schools, parades, and festivals)
- Recruit and schedule appropriate presenters and staff for each event
- Assemble promotional materials and equipment needed for each event
- Maintain contacts of all community, church, presenters, and staff who participate
- Assist, equip, and train staff in consistent JAARS messaging
- Coordinate vehicle sign out and travel expenses
- Gather evaluations, results, and responses, and enter into Salesforce database
- Distribute JAARS publicity materials to designated locations
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge or willingness to learn what JAARS does
- Ability to connect with others, inside and outside of JAARS
- Confidence to take initiative, present, and lead
- Solid computer skills and willingness to learn Salesforce
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail