Community Outreach Coordinator
Do you have a heart for Bible translation and love to share this passion with others? Are you comfortable with and skilled in meeting, welcoming, and communicating with people? Are you a good organizer who is attentive to detail?
JAARS needs someone to coordinate staff who represent and promote JAARS at various community activities. This can include schools, festivals, parades, churches, and more!
If you have the ability to convey how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, we would love to talk with you.
Respond to and coordinate requests from the community for JAARS presentations and involvement.
- For a part-time (0.5 FTE, 20 hours a week) volunteer or a non-paid career staff who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Develop contacts and build relationships with community, business, and media representatives to create opportunities for keeping JAARS and our services in front of the public
- Respond to requests for JAARS presenters and event participation from churches and community groups (such as schools, parades, and festivals)
- Coordinate, schedule, and recruit staff to present programs that motivate and encourage engagement in JAARS
- Assist, equip, and train staff in consistent JAARS messaging
- Maintain database of community contacts
- Administer budget, vehicle sign out, process travel expenses, and travel procedures
- Gather evaluations, results, and responses, and enter into Salesforce
- Distribute JAARS publicity materials and place in designated locations
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about all aspects of JAARS
- Capability to vision cast the JAARS mission to others
- Ability to network with others, both within and outside of JAARS
- Confidence to take initiative, present, and lead
- G Suite and MS Office applications
- Serve as a mentor and coach
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent helpful
- Previous multicultural experience helpful