Commercial HVAC Technician
Use your commercial HVAC skills to support Bible translation through installing, upgrading, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems at the JAARS Center.
Your involvement will provide the services to keep our staff in comfortable working conditions, so that they can provide the technical and logistical support that makes translation work possible in the most remote locations.
Office, medical, childcare, and housing facilities on the JAARS Center also allow missionaries to receive training, healthcare, and spiritual renewal. Your services will greatly impact their stay here.
Repair and maintain various heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems for JAARS buildings.
- For a .05 FTE (20hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Respond to repair requests on various systems at JAARS
- Install or assist in the installation of new systems
- Assist facilities maintenance administration in making recommendations for equipment upgrades
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Experience in servicing commercial HVAC systems
- Certification in handling refrigerants, such as R-22, R-134a and R-410
- Two years of experience in general maintenance work