JAARS’ mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance, and with other organizations locally and globally. JAARS has a 70-year history of innovation and excellence in supporting Bible translation around the world.
We (www.jaars.org) are a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airfield, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners. We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus with JAARS and several partner organizations.
The ministry is experiencing tremendous growth opportunities globally. JAARS is committed to the cleanliness and appearance of the campus and its facilities, which assures an attractive, pleasant, and sanitary environment for personnel, customers, and guests. An additional position is needed to fulfill this commitment. This position is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week on the JAARS campus.
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Clean restrooms
- Vacuum carpets
- Clean entrances and glass doors
- Maintain cleaning supplies and order supplies thru Admin-Janitorial supervisor
- Empty trash
- Respond with flexibility to unexpected requests that may arise from supervisor
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Perform duties and tasks as outlined in responsibilities below and other tasks requested by supervisor or administrative staff
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to learn new cleaning methods
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Attention to detail is an important element of this job
- High School Diploma
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to HR_Director@jaars.org or call (704) 843-6150 for questions.