Aviation Training Manager
Do you have a passion for training, seeing people grow in their understanding and application of lessons learned? Do you have organizational and management skills that can be applied to an aviation training environment?
Our goal is to equip and send well-trained aviation personnel around the world where they can provide aviation transportation in support of Bible translation.
- Positions available in the US and overseas
- For a full-time volunteer or a non-paid, staff person who raises support
Provide oversight, management, and leadership of both the maintenance training and flight training departments.
- Lead and direct a staff of professional aviation maintenance and flight instructors
- Conduct workforce planning that ensures adequate instructor numbers in all disciplines
- Oversee the coordination and development of initial and recurrent training curriculum
- Ensure that the technical evaluation and screening process of JAARS aviation personnel is adequate and effective
- Oversee the JAARS Prefield Orientation course
- Ensure recurrent training is effective and meets desired goals
- Provide input into aircraft fleet makeup and equipment used in training
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Management and leadership skills
- Communication skills
Education and Experience
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience desired in providing training or educational programs
- Leadership experience in aviation a plus