Do you enjoy recording quality audio and have the technical skills to go with it? Would you like to have your audio recordings make eternal impact by helping make Bible translation possible?
You will record audio files like Speeding the Word radio broadcasts that are heard nationwide, and capture stories that communicate how God’s Word translated into the mother tongue impacts lives and communities.
Produce and complete all aspects of audio recordings for corporate promotion.
- This is a 0.5 FTE (20 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Implement the technical aspects of setting up, recording, editing, and producing audio files
- Strive to deliver the utmost in sound capability and quality
- Record interviews and narrations, capture sound bites, edit audio files, produce, duplicate, distribute files, and more
- Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Perform administrative duties as productions are being completed
- Manage the auditorium sound board, including equipment operation and assessment of needs
- Work in a variety of situations and environments which may present difficult challenges
- May entail work on Saturdays, and/or weekend travel
- Expected to take ownership and personal responsibility for learning and developing the skills needed for video production
- Provide audio services for JAARS staff personal and partner organizations needs as time allows
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Experience in soundboards, equalizers, microphones, recording equipment, and mixing consoles
- At least two years of successful experience in audio production required
- Organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- Proficient computer skills to manage files, applicable software, including Audacity or Audition software
- College level training and certification in the operation and maintenance of equipment is a plus