Assistant Museum Manager
Do you have a love for museums? Do you enjoy communicating information that can inspire people to become excited about a topic that may lead to engagement?
Have you lead people in performing duties or staffing booths or similar events? Are you good at assisting a leader in management responsibilities?
The JAARS museums are in need of an Assistant Manager and you may be just the person.
Assist the Museum Manager in operating the Museum of the Alphabet and the Mexico-Cárdenas Museum.
- For a full-time (40 hours) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Greet and engage visitors in conversations and answer questions
- Monitor tour guide schedule and perform museum tours
- Communicate JAARS history and mission, and work with visitors
- Aid in planning meetings and socials
- Help with member care and staff training
- Respond to emails and requests for information
- Coordinate the museums’ involvement with some JAARS Days
- Work at the “Night at the Alphabet Museum” program
- Open, operate, and close museums upon request
- Represent museums at school, church, and community events
- Collaborate in updating exhibits and in planning, designing, and constructing new exhibits
- Assist with museum collections inventories and management
- Perform annual museum gift shop inventory
- Account for monies collected and report all sales and donations
- Order supplies and perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in all JAARS internal events and attend Tuesday Center Meetings
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, History, Museum Studies, Linguistics, Missions, Education, or related field
- Able to communicate well, both in written and oral forms of English
- Good computer and Microsoft Office, Open-source and/or Google Drive skills
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and teamwork
- Personable and enjoys people
- A self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently
- Previous cross-cultural experience or knowledge of another language helpful but not required