Assistant Director of Aviation
Do you enjoy managing and multitasking? Do you like to bring all the pieces together to create a well-oiled, efficient, and effective machine? Are you one who enjoys supporting a leader to enable successful outcomes?
As Assistant Director of Aviation, you can be part of the team serving at JAARS, helping to provide well-qualified personnel and logistical support to our aviation field programs around the world. Pray and consider applying today!
Work closely with the Director of Aviation in managing the daily tasks and duties of the department.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Help manage the onboarding process of staff, as well as monitor the ongoing health and condition of our workforce team
- Assist with interdepartmental communications and relationships
- Build and maintain good communication within the department
- Lead departmental organizational meetings
- Represent the aviation department on appointed committees
- Manage assigned work projects
- Provide appropriate oversight and management of our aviation facilities
- Act on behalf of the Director in his absence
- Good managerial ability
- Work well with people, including cross-cultural sensitivity
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or tertiary schooling desired
- Good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of aviation preferred