Airport Shuttle Driver
Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? Do you have a good driving record and ability to drive in a variety of situations? Are flexible hours appealing?
Become part of the Shuttle Service team that picks up and takes stateside and international passengers to the airport or other locations. It’s a wonderful way to minister to those serving on the field.
Your service helps JAARS make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Drive Shuttle Service vehicles to transport people and luggage.
- For a 0.2 (8 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Transport passengers to and from the Charlotte Douglas International Airport and other approved locations
- Work flexible hours, since the shuttle serves guests 24/7 and 365 days a year
- Use issued cell phone to connect with passengers for pickup location and time
- May need to meet passengers in baggage area with a JAARS sign
- Provide excellent customer service and assist in loading luggage
- Provide an opportunity for passengers to stop for food or supplies
- Maintain mileage and payment records per trip and turn in to Transportation Coordinator
- Volunteers turn in monthly service hours report
- Notify Transportation Coordinator of any vehicle repairs needed
- Verify all trips prior to the trip
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Current drivers license
- Two or more years of driving experience
- Good driving skills
- Caring, servant heart
- Friendly customer service
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. with assistance
- Use a cell phone and leave messages
- Must pass a DOT physical examination
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment