Accounts Receivable Clerk
Do you enjoy working with numbers and have strong math skills? Have you ever been a cashier, payroll clerk, bank teller, or accounting clerk? Are you attentive to details?
Be a part of the team that facilitates the purchasing process for staff and centers worldwide so that they have the goods and services they need to support Bible translation and language development.
Your half-time position is key to the overall process, so please contact us today.
Verify invoices, resolve questions, and charge customers for goods and shipping.
- Position is 12 hours per week
- For a volunteer or staff person raising support
- Able to work in the US
- Receive and verify invoices, receipts, and other vendor financial documents
- Charge expenses to customers and cost centers for goods and cargo shipping insurance
- Communicate with vendors or customers via phone or email to resolve invoice discrepancies and questions
- Reconcile buyers’ credit cards at end of month by charging appropriate accounts
- File all purchasing paperwork into vendor folders
- Perform all transactions using accounting software
- Follow standard procedures for archiving and shredding documents
- Cross train with Accounts Payable Clerk
- Post payment to vendors for goods purchased
- Maintain computerized accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months of experience in performing basic clerical finance procedures preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and credit card functions
- Strong math skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong data entry and computer skills